4/4/07

2005/2006

I love my friend Susie for many reasons, the most current one being that she has this picture on her myspace page. This was New Year's Eve 05/06 and...well, it's just a darn fun picture. It's a tad misleading for I do have male friends, a good number actually. They just happened to not be in the early 90s dance party that was going down in April's bedroom (and we all know if there's an early 90s dance party, I'm spinning like Spinderella). What I really love about this picture is how it seems to be a composite of how most everyone looks in their own pictures all caught together in one moment...except for me. I usually look stupid/goofy in pictures, but rarely can that also be described as "sinister" or "devilish" like in this pic.

So now I'm starting to wonder when a picture like this will happen up here in NYC. There's a level of intimacy in the above photo, and not due to the alcohol that was consumed. There's an ease, a spontaneity, something that 90210 cast photos strived for. This photo is the result of friendships years in the making and the goshdarn survival of another year in Murfreesboro, no eyes cast on the upcoming year of boring Boro life. That moment, En Vogue in the background and good friends all around.

I have no clue when a photo like this will be taken up here. I'm starting to really make friends up here, I'm starting to be social. Things are going well, thanks to one special person in particular. Who knew such fine Italian cuisine could be found in Astoria? I'm also getting a practice group together for improv purposes with the hopes of performing by the end of the year. I've settled into a groove, now that I have a home. I like this groove. Life is starting to feel like life and not just an internship or a vacation. It's starting to feel like I live here. And looking at that picture above makes me sad that this is true. But also happy because that picture was taken and can be taken again with the same, new, who knows, people.

That's the way it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we were all actually just looking at this picture last weekend because nicole printed it out to give to kelly.
observations:
-nicole looks like she is doing you in the rear (rather fiercely, judging by you facial expression)
-jennifer looks like she just realized that nicole was doing you in the rear
-it looks like susie is being bitchy and putting her hand in front of nicole's face
-upon a closer look, susie actually appears to be wrapping a present behind my back
-i apparently think that renee is my long lost childhood babydoll
-everyone else looks hot

that's all.

ghost boobs?

-april