4/3/07

Odds & Ends

I spend a lot of time on the internet and when I'm not reading about dinosaurs on wikipedia, I'm stumbling across comedy/nerdtastic gold. Here are four such nuggets, only two of which are nerdtastic.

The 50 Greatest Local TV Commercials
Any jingle that rhymes lizard with chinchilla and dog with scorpion is brilliant in my book. My favorite is just below, but spend some time watching all fifty.






And this is the craziest thing I've ever seen. And I've seen Wynonna Judd.





Ten Things I Like About The Empire Strikes Back
A hilarious and too true post about ten minute-but-riveting aspects of my favorite film of all time. I'm such a nerd I noticed most all of these on my own before reading this article. My fave moment (R2 vs. Yoda over the lamp) is not included.

They Didn't Study
One of my favorite entries in Davy Rothbart's Found is a found algebra test from a kid who just didn't study but, goshdarnit, he was creative with his answers. The teacher did not give him credit for his rap about how bad his algebra skills were. Here are some other tests gone funny.





The Classic Marvel Figurine Collection
Hand sculpted out of lead, hand painted with love, and depicting modern and classic versions of my fave characters, these figurines are a must have that I just stumbled across today. Apparently they're only available in the UK and come with a monthly Marvel mag (that's what I gather from a light browsing of the non-figurine-photos section of the site). My favorites have to be the five of the six members of Astonishing X-Men represented here, Storm (X-Treme X-Men era), the classic Angel, a modern She-Hulk, Mike Mayhew's version of Mystique, and Captain Marvel. Yes. Captain Marvel. I love that these figurines aren't restricted to the heavy hitters! I have to figure out a way to get all of them. They're like happy meal toys for adults.

No comments: