3/21/07

Comic Cut

And the cull continues. With both Mighty Avengers and Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season Eight blowing me away with comic-shaped goodness, I have to let another title go for now. This one is definitely a for now since I'm not so keen on dumping it.

MS. MARVEL (volume 2)
First Issue Bought:
#1, May 2006
Last Issue Bought: #12, April 2007
Total Issues Bought: 12
Length Of Collecting: 11 months

I associate this title with my time spent living at BarfCom, last summer, the summer I moved out of my parents house and had my lovely internship at NewsChannel 5+. I bought the first three issues at once and was pretty much hooked. I hunted down a Ms. Marvel action figure and grew quite attached to Carol. I'm still attached, she's one of my favorite Marvel heroines definitely. The strong start her series got off to was, much like everything else, hijacked by Civil War. Her crossover was pretty good with it, actually, and the themes of Civil War go along well with Ms. Marvel. But after that, a so-so two-parter followed and some solid retro-feel villains fought Carol. No problem, the book's not bad. It's just when compared to the other books on the list, this one gets the ax. Plus, it's easier to drop this book before it starts a new arc than to drop it midway. This way I can pick up the trade at some point and get caught up with the series. I'll be seeing you later, Ms. Marvel. Hopefully I'll get a roommate (with minimal personal belongings) and I can return in a month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the 1st ish of Mighty Avengers as well and love Ms. Marvel so it's nice to see her lead a team (although it looks like Iron Man will, of course, stick around to be a pain in the neck), although I'm not 100% on the team. I don't have a lot of attachment to Ares or Sentry, frankly, so the team's not ideal to me.

Brett said...

Apparently Ares is crazy and old school Avengers fans are up in arms. I didn't even know he was a character pre-Mighty #1 so what do I know.