2/15/07

No Diggity

Tim Hardaway, former NBA something-or-other, made some pretty inspirational comments for all you homophobes and hate mongers out there. You guys have a new king! Plus, not only were his comments a lot more public and direct than Isaiah Washington's, his "apology" was a lot less sincere (if that's even possible).

Of course, being a man who hates all sports (but I was a swim team timer in high school) my immediate thought went to "This isn't the Hardaway that Lil' Penny's based on, is it?!" I was not in the mood to have both ignorance promoted and my fond memories of the "No Diggity" video tarnished. Thankfully, Lil' Penny is based on Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway. My relief that Lil' Penny has nothing to do with this is matched, if not exceeded by, my elation at reading the name 'Anfernee.'

Oh, and Joss Whedon's episode of The Office debuts tonight. It's about Michael speaking to Ryan's business class and, judging from this, a bat flying amok in the office and giving Jim a great opportunity to mess with Dwight.

I'll be missing it to watch The Apples in Stereo. I missed the Apples on Conan last night and I can't find a clip of it anywhere. Help me. Instead I found this clip of the band lip synching to "Same Old Drag" in their mini-van. I'm going to cry like a wee little indie kid when I see them tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Office is sheer genius. Joss is sheer genius. I'm afraid when I watch this episode, I might explode from happiness.
And this Tim Hardaway jerk can go eff himself.
I will say I have ALWAYS derived pleasure from the name Anfernee. My favorite cool Anthony derivation, however, will forever and always be Amfeny.

Trashley said...

I like the way you work it.