1/23/07

A true yankee bayonet


I purchased my ticket to see the Decemberists today at 1:00. Buying tickets is normally a pain but, somehow, this went quite smoothly. I will be seeing the band on March 24th at some place called Avalon (props if your mind immediately goes to The Acolytes HQ, mid-90s X-Men reference) in Boston.

Tickets weren't so bad, $30.99 is a lot cheaper than their Bowery Ballroom concert late last year.

This'll be my first time seeing them. Nothing but a flimsy metal gate between me and Colin Meloy. Of course there was nothing between us when he walked by me in the airlock back when I was an intern at "The Late Show" (oh, November was so long ago!). Whatever. I'm excited. Debating on wearing period garb.

LAST 3 SONGS PLAYED ON iPOD
"The Hives Are Law, You Are Crime" by The Hives *****
"6060-842" by The B-52's *****
"Who Is It?" by Talking Heads *****

No comments: