1/25/07

Sketchy McSketcherson


Days at The Big Kid Job are really long. 9.5 hours? With no definitive lunch break? I mean, that's cool, whatev. I'm getting Big Kid Money that I can use to buy classes at UCB and keep me knee deep in comics. Fine. But the "no definitive break" thing and the fact that, hello, I'm at a computer all day means that I end up spending way too much time on myspace and facebook. But then again, I've done "a lot" of work today and I can "justify" this blogging.

I went to the free UCB winter showcase last night, mainly because my 101 teacher Ari Voukydis was performing with his group, Mark & Ari. I was definitely entertained and inspired, all around (I'm pretty much going to gush like this everyime I blog about UCB, unless I'm attacked by a ferret there). It made me miss the days when I would actually write sketches and then, you know, get people in them and then, you know, tape them for my comedy show. Good times.

I've been keeping a piece of paper in my wallet to document sketch ideas as they come. Good idea. Also, if I ever volunteer for the second half of Reuben Williams' show, they'll have to figure out what "Cthulu Hype Man" and "Rage Against The Oscars" mean.

LAST 3 SONGS PLAYED ON iPOD
"Neat Little Domestic Life" by Of Montreal ****
"The March of the Gay Parade" by Of Montreal **
"Jacques Lamure" by Of Montreal ****

3 comments:

geoff hmarks said...

All three songs were Of Montreal? Wow! I love them...we should be daytime internet bloggy friends.

I have a pet ferrett though. I don't know how you would feel about that.

Anonymous said...

cthulu will be a star.

Anonymous said...

So I just found your blog. woot. You like comics - check.
You like Joss Whedon - check.
You...well, actually, those two things are enough. You're officially cool. ;-)
By the way, just saw your facebook page and love the quote from Willow in the "Dopplegangland" espiode. I just watched that episode last night with my boyfriend - my favorite quote from that episode is, "I'm so evil...and skanky...and I think I'm kinda gay!"