1/26/07

High of 18


The high today is 18. The wind chill, according to the NBC affiliate's weather person (I will not learn these names, out of respect to my beloved Nashville anchors), plummets the temp into the single digits. I don't think I've experienced that before and, while my time outdoors is limited, I'm mighty terrified.

VAN HALEN JUMPS ON THE WOLF BANDWAGON!
Someone in the Van Halen camp told them that in order to endear themselves to the current generation on any level outside of the obvious ironic/nostalgic one, they need to add some wolf. Wolfmother, Wolf Parade....meet Wolfgang Van Halen. Killer of lycanthropes by full-moon-filled-night, bassist to the gods every other night.

HODG MAN!
While I haven't read all of it yet, John Hodgman has a new article up at wired and, if it's anything like his book, it's the best thing you'll read all day. We're also buds, as evidenced above. And some day, when I make the big bucks, I will own a pair of glasses like his to be worn on days that I feel need them.

MATT LAUER: ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!
Yeah, David Gregory is hilarious. Let's just say Jim Breuer will host the "Today" show permanently before this guy.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Oh i feel so bad for David Gregory! I've always liked him. But yeah, he probably should co-host "Today" again.

Also, saw the Zarf stuff at Best Week Ever. Pretty darn funny stuff.