1/26/07

Beard Of Glory


Every now and then, usually once a year, I get the urge to chuck my electric/inefficient razor out the window and grow a beard. My father used to do this every winter and then shave it every spring, but I'm not so dictated by seasons. I always grow and shave it depending on some sort of whim usually associated with an "extreme" emotion. "Extreme" is extremely in quotes since I don't think I've ever felt an extreme emotion. Except for during the last episode of "Buffy" and whenever I hear the Strokes play "Reptilia" in concert.

The Beast that is 2007 has made me grow a beard. It's now been 11 days without shaving and I know everyone is curious. I was going to take a photo of this, document this process for the first time (somehow I manage to avoid cameras during my bearded months), but the young punks (when they weren't spilling beer on Phil Collins' shoes) that broke into my apartment ganked by digital camera and my clunky portable DVD player. Well whatever, I was wanting a new camera anyway. And my video iPod is much more portable. So thank you young punks.

For those who care, I look a tad bit rougher than Mr. Meloy up there. When will this madness stop? Maybe whenever the temperature rises and my face doesn't need protection.

I guess the seasons play a role in this a little bit.

LAST 3 SONGS LISTENED TO ON iPOD
"Serenade" by Roxy Music ****
"Grey Lagoons" by Roxy Music ****
"Mother Of Pearl" by Roxy Music *****

1 comment:

Andrew said...

well, i'm incredibly curious to see what this looks like