5/3/07

Notes From The Edge!!!

I was bound to crash after the heights (improv heights) I hit this past weekend, and crash I did. But it was a crash I walked away from; I did not end up on a tropical hellhole surrounded by mystery and dirty, world saving/ending (?) obstetricians. It was another good class that yielded many more things to add to my brain.

- Keep an eye out for character games or emotional games as opposed to just "this guy watched clown related crimes."

- Your characters always know! If they don't, then the scene becomes about solving a problem instead of about the characters.

- When possible, match your partner's energy. It's an instant agreement and scenes where people are on the same page are usually entertaining. Don't choose to intimidate or make your scene partner nervous. It's almost like arguing and kinda hard to heighten.

- Don't talk about it, do it. Don't practice or plan, do it. This is why scenes just before the "biggest play/concert/puppet show of your career!" are tricky.

There will be more blogs not improv related coming up. One may include Joss Whedon. One may include old-lady fashions.

No comments: