4/19/07

Home...*BARF*

Becoming friends with April on flickr a few minutes ago made me both happy and sad (that's :) and :( , okay). Happy because I'm glad I get another way to keep in touch with everyone back in Murfreesboro, happy because I finally have a picture of me in my Peter Parker costume (under a bloody tampon, yep). Sad because I see that everyone at home is having fun with each other and going to events that need to be photographed. Good chums. And I'm not in the photos. When I'm at work patroling the internet, I get homesick often. I need to be reminded of the things that NYC has to offer me and it's a good thing it's Thursday, the night of my UCB fun where I get to go to events that could be photographed (but aren't since I got my camera stolen). Whenever someone doesn't know that a toboggan is also a head covering, whenever someone goes to "get a pop," whenever I see a Mini Cooper, whenever I hear Melinda Doolittle represent on American Idol, I miss home. Being up here doesn't seem worth it and I want to run back to a place where this is going on without me.

Buuuuuuuut whenever I meet celebrities or take an improv class or see an awesome concert or just, you know, go to Boston for the weekend or hang out with the people I've met up here, I'm reminded of why this is fine. I'm still in the adjustment period and, really if Nashville had improv and a comedy television show worth five bits of beans, I'd be more conflicted. But career wise, and personal matters wise, New York is good for me. Maybe the best for me. I just wish I could do stuff like this here. More like I wish I could marry all of my close friends, live in a big house together, to paraphrase Of Montreal.

And The Features are playing in New York again on June 5th. Thank God! But, rassum frassum, they're playing with Kings Of Leon. Whatev, I'll cut out early. But being attached to that band means I have to pay $30 to see The Features in a big venue with a crowd of KOL fans who will be wearing feathered earrings, skinny jeans, and trendy cowboy boots while also sporting homeless person hair. So...I'm glad the Features will be getting that exposure, but the "intimate" setting I saw them in last time isn't making a return appearance.

No comments: