2/9/07

You want to be my friend?

Everyone gets friend requests and everyone seems to handle them differently. Some people friend everyone, hoping to gain a friend count that could easily repopulate the Earth without fear of inbreeding. Others are strict about their friend count, only allowing the people they truly know as a friend. I am the latter. All of my friends are people that I know in real life or fictional characters whose pages I run (yes, I am Xander, Han Solo, Chandler Bing, Madrox, Wedge Antilles, Bossk, Bob Hartley, Tim Canterbury and Michael Bluth). I rarely-if-ever add someone myself, usually waiting for them to add me. Some of my friends have gotten hilarious messages and requests from strangers, my favorite being April's from the guy who rambles to great lengths about just wanting to please her in oh so many ways. The worst requests come from bands, not that I hate music; I just hate getting them every five hours.

Here are five. Since I'm denying all these people, I figure I'd give them some exposure.

SLINGS & ARROWS
Indie rock stuff. Influences being T. Rex, Spoon, Broken Social Scene, French Kicks, all bands I sorta think are okay but not so into. I can see where they'd think I would like them.

The music is drony, which is not to my liking. They're like an opening band I'd hate to sit through. Or stand through.


EUREKA GOLD
They like loud noises, shiny stuff, ninjas, etc. and are from Nashville...so I can't say anything bad since I probably know them or their friends. Yep.


THE MUGGIES
They're from New York and the music is okay...ish? Roxy Music and XTC are two big influences apparently, so no wonder they asked me to be their friend. But Josh Paladini does all the music, making me wonder what's up with the live performances. Or maybe it's just a studio project. Whatev, I need a band that GOES LIVE!!!


»-(¯`v´¯)-»Innocence»-(¯`v´¯)-»
Okay, so many things wrong. I can't stand names like that, I hate the 80s, and whatever that face is in the background, it's freaking me out. I have no reason how this person found me or why they want to be my friend; we don't even like the same music. I think "The Breakfast Club" is the only thing we have in common...and I only like that late at night on TBS.

The Flight
Music is experimental, classic rock, blues...three things I really don't like. And apparently it sounds like purevolume.com. Whatever. But the guitarist did this, just not to the first song on the profile because it's hella-slow. Or maybe it was and he just likes doing that during every song, kinda like the exclamation point to his glacial riff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well jeez, I didn't know I had to play live to make my cd sound better. do you not like The Beatles because you can't go see them live? ludicrous.
x
Josh (of the OK-ish Muggies)
PS- thanks for the "exposure", your influence has meant tons