2/5/07

Peanut Has My Shoes/Zip Your Dress And Tie Your Shoes

The Features are, music-wise, the best thing to come out of Tennessee ever. Forget your Kings Of Leons, Kings of Rock And Roll, and Kings of Sexybacks, this is what Tennessee has to offer. And it's better than you could ever imagine. And yeah, I do sincerely believe this (maybe not the Elvis thing, I mean, it's Elvis) but I'm also totally biased. Without the Features and their concerts which defined my college existence, I would not have met any of my college friends. Okay, I'm sure I would have at some point, but it wouldn't have been the second week of college. So thanks, Features.

Not being in Murfreesboro with regular access to the band is a con of living in New York (the 'pro' being close to every other band I love). That is why I'm eternally greatful for my favorite record store back home that I didn't go to nearly as often as I should have, Grand Palace, posting a series of videos shot back in 1997 of the band performing. Oh my how things have changed. Still photos and bootlegs are all I have had of the band from this period and now I can gleefully watch a 20ish Matt Pelahm wearing a Hawaiian shirt...and doing moves.

I love the internet.



And just so you can all see the band as I know and love them, here they are performing "The Way It's Meant To Be" on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

No comments: