2/21/07

Boo Ya

This is going to be a random one.

-It's hot outside. Granted, high of 39ish is still very much winter in Tennessee, but after suffering through near frostbite on my toes Monday night, this is a welcome upward shift in temperature. I'm wearing a t-shirt and thin sweater. Word.

- I saw Zach Galifianakis at UCB's "Bro'in Out" on Monday night. Zach was the last guest (after Demetri Martin and Martha Plimpton) and went between looking insanely depressed and pleasantly pleased. He was comedy gold, as always, when he insisted that his real name is Chad Farthouse. And no, I didn't bring up our history, mainly because I think he finds students to get drunk with at every college he performs at. The night he spent in the inner rings of my hometown friendship circle is often looked back upon fondly. As commonplace as I assume his partying is, I don't think he got to yell "Say the Dewey Decimal system sucks!" to any other group of college kids.

- I have an apartment in Astoria by the way. It's two big bedrooms, a big living room, bathroom, big kitchen, no stairs/elevator/lobby, this baby opens skraight up from the street. It feels like living in an actual house. Well, it will. The moving process starts this weekend, hopefully.

- Harold night was spectacular last night, mainly because four people from my 201 class showed up and I finally got to talk to one of the other UCB regulars. All this on top of the couple people I've been chatting to on a regular basis. I think I'm discovering a whole new level of fun on Harold night, the social part that I haven't had. Usually I just sit by myself and say "no" when asked "is that seat taken?"

- Tonight is Lost, so excellent. This morning I got a promo copy of next week's episode, so BOO YA! I'm having myself a marathon tonight! And next week I'll be moving in, so this works out perfectly!

- I read Pitchfork's review of The La's live album, BBC In Session, and had much excitement stirred within me. I love The La's in all of their "we were fronted by a crazy person obsessed with dust from the 1960s so we never had a stable roster and broke up after our brilliant debut album" glory. These four sessions from 1987-1990, all done before their debut album was released, are brilliant in their clarity, quality, and energy. The versions of "Son of a Gun" and "I Can't Sleep" are so frantic and enjoyable, and the version of "There She Goes" (yeah, The La's originally did it, not Sixpence None The Richer) is all electric and all awesome.

That's it. Cage Match (ReuWi vs. Beverly Hills) Thursday night, Under St. Marks improv on Friday, and hopefully starting to move on Saturday.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Look, I'm commenting. I want to see pics of the new Astoria crib ASAP!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new apartment! Hope the move goes well.