6/9/09

I wanna jinx it!

I am now starting to have a lot of fun in comedy. JINX. I'll probably hit slump town again. But I've had a nice streak of enjoyable shows, mostly due to the fact that I am trying to take ownership of my playing style (pretentious sounding, yep). I have been trying to play in a style completely opposite of how I naturally want to play for the past year, in an attempt to strengthen that side of my playing and get more real. But...it's been confusing and not a lot of fun. I think the goal now is to attack improv from the other direction. I am big characters, I am decisions, sometimes non-sequiters...but still, I'm not boring and I'm rarely the guy who figures it all out. I think I need to figure out how to play fearlessly and loudly with a dash of realism and sense, instead of the other way around. It's working so far so...keep it rolling. And my Spank is coming along. It's all written out now and going into second drafts. I'll be in the process of casting it and figuring the rest out soon. Now I need to get to work on a job.

RIGHT?! RIGHT.

I've also been helping out Will Hines with some UCB Comedy shoots, which has been awesome. I like making videos, and it's been a pleasure to help with them. Hope I can continue with this and all my other ambitious video-making friends. Here's one I helped with last week. I held the boom mic!

No comments: