6/17/08

It's June?!

I have a million excuses for why this blog has been barren for the last two months, but none of which you care to read. I've been working way too hard over the last two months and have even traveled. I don't even foresee the blog becoming active again in the near future since, yes, I'll be traveling some more. It's crazy, I know, I never thought I'd get a job that would send me to the far corners of America but, well, here I am. Actually I didn't think I would get a job that would send me to the far corners of New York on a daily basis, but whatever. If we're friends on Facebook then you've been seeing the almost daily updates I post there. In my brief tenure at my new job I've interviewed and had conversations with many of the people whose work I admire, adore and obsess over. Hey everybody, Chris Claremont and Peter David have read my name many many times and responded to my e-mails. That's RIGHT.

I went to Philadelphia for my first Wizard World convention. I got a bag full of free artist sketchbooks given to me after interviewing them, as well as a couple of really awesome commissions (pictured below, just waiting for you to click on them to enlarge).


Work has been pretty overwhelming lately, and that's the main reason I haven't been on here. I spend all day writing press releases and transcribing interviews, so I usually don't feel like doing any extracurricular creativity. My new year's resolution to write five pages a week has completely tanked, obviously, but since I now have a "published" interview with Peter David I can't really complain.

Since I last blogged, I auditioned and failed at getting on a UCB Harold team, lost Cage Match, started performing with another improv group called Iron Ruckus (pictured right, which you can also click on to enlarge), had both Bad Data and (the soon-to-be-renamed) ImproVerite: The Documentary get accepted into the Del Close Marathon and started practicing a new form with a new coach in Bad Data. I was really hitting some performance high points before Memorial Day (playing David Letterman, Kurt Loder and a Rivers Cuomo wannabe all in THE SAME SET at ImproVerite's last show) and WW Philly took me away from improv for two weeks and caused me to return to the fold back at average. Ho hum. Improv is all about peaks and valleys, so I know it'll swing back around. I've enrolled in Shannon O'Neill's 501 starting when I get back to NYC on July 13th. That should be what I need.

Okay, well, that's about it for now. I may try to post mini-blogs or something daily-ish for a little bit, just to get back in the habit of this. For a while I was trying to make this blog more focused and not so "Hey ya'll, here's what I did blah blah," but I don't really have the time for anything else right now.

No comments: