1/30/08

What is with kids these days?

Over the last couple days I have been exposed to various Funny Internet Videos of kids being ridiculous. If the generation of kids born after the Friends sipped their first sip from their trendy big coffee mugs has not been named yet, I hereby dub them Generation YouTube (which is a moniker I'm sure a couple million other hip bloggers have used). All I'm saying is that the presidential election of 2028 is going to be full of candidates having to justify their retarded Mac Book or Windows Movie Maker creations to a nation screaming for answers.

Here are some main offenders.


The first four seconds of this video is straight up hilarious. The absurdity of the editing, the immaturity of his chair ettiquette, and the self-importance he feels to 'weigh in' on the death of Heath Ledger, an actor whose big break in 10 Things I Hate About You was released when this kid was learning how to color.


This one is even weirder, just because there's a speed setting issue on the camera that makes him sound like a gay southern chipmunk instead of just, well, a gay southern kid. Once again, why is this on the internet? Why does it have over 3 million views? Is this a joke? I see that the video was posted by a sketch group comprised of three kids aged 14-15. I feel kinda lazy now. And jealous of this group's odd success. Ugh. So many emotions.


Because everyone that sees a movie should critique it online. I would ask how this kid got into see Rambo, but after I saw a six year old girl take a potty break in the middle of Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem, all my preconceived notions of parental discretion went out the window.


I don't care, isn't this the best thing you've ever watched? And I've watched all of it. Multiple times. And not only did he post this one song, he's posted many songs. The guy has a hobby of videotaping himself singing songs in front of his computer. Who needs special effects when you have awesome purple drapes?

All four of these make me so extremely happy that YouTube did not exist when I was in 8th grade. The world does not need to see my homemade "Pretty Fly For A White Guy" and "Closing Time" music videos using various X-Men and Star Wars action figures.

This is on YouTube though, so at least my awkward teenage years are being represented.

No comments: