1/10/08

Beginning Of the Twist

2008 is already shaping up to be an exciting year. On the improv front I have my first practice with a new improv team starting on Saturday and the third System Error show this Sunday with my team Bad Data, LD & the Scientist and Bloody. Also, if you haven't seen it, Adam Bozarth did that lil' design over there for us. We are your favorite Saturday morning jam, are we not? Better than Eek! The Cat, yes? I haven't seen any improv this year though. This relates to my second point in this catch all entry, which I'll get to when I get to the second point.

And here's the second point. I haven't seen any improv this year because I'm becoming way too content to go home and watch TV or think about writing something (but never actually writing something) after work. One would think that doing nothing but computer junk all day would make me long for human contact at night, but no. I feel exhausted and dead by 6 PM and want nothing more than my couch, Battlestar Galactica, and maybe an issue of X-Factor from 1986. That's what I've been doing, improv world, when you haven't been seeing me. Reading about Morlocks getting seriously jacked up by harpoons.

Harpoons make me think of swords, which make me think of violence, which makes me think of hitting, which makes me think of strikes. The strike is still going on, which infuriates me. I think we can kiss the 07-08 TV season goodbye (at least we'll all save money come Christmas 08 when all these shows come out on 2 disc DVD sets, right?). I've actually been good about watching Late Night and Late Show since their return earlier this month. I find it comforting to watch both of these shows before going to bed, a practice that would easily be lost if I was actually out, you know, doing stuff. The strike is reaching disaster levels and I have no clue if or where there'll be a place for lil' ol' me when the dust settles. This makes me think I should consider the publishing world, specifically Marvel Comics or Entertainment Weekly, for job opportunities.

Comics makes me think of, um, comics, which makes me think of how I want to start a comic blog after stumbling across several other ones. Methinks any job I can get writing in the comics world will come from writing about comics in the blogspot world.

World makes me think of the best show in the world, which makes me think of Lost. I'm having a Lost party in a couple weekends. There will be Dharma food and Lost Karaoke. Intrigued? Be there.

There makes me think of wear. I'm not wearing jeans for the whole month of January (No Jeans January), kicking off my New Year's resolution of mini-resolutions every month. Frugal February has been suggested, which I like the idea of. Any other suggestions for this month or any others?

Lastly, this entry is named after the new Futureheads song. You can see them performing it while walking walking around a shopping center below.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about Naughty November? You can do all sorts of naughty and bad things in November.

April said...

-mope-free march
-anti-aids april
-justice june (where you rat out anyone doing anything illegal)
-jean shorts july (to counter january)
-awesome august (just get blue spheres)
-september shop shop (save the money from frugal feb. and buy something new everything week)
-december dudefest (only hang out with your male friends....no, wait)