3/15/07

TV: Lost "Par Avion"

TEASER: A Claire episode! Finally! For some reason, and I'm alone on this, I'm totally into Charlie and Claire. Maybe it's because Claire's season one episode was the moment I realized taht this show was genius. I like that Locke points out to Sayid that the whole C-4 aspect of the bunker was not shared. See? Sharing info helps. Not sure what Claire's going on about with those birds, but it looks like Desmond saved Charlie again.

ACT ONE: "The John Locke I knew was para--!" Eye Patch is seriously menacing! And I have sympathy for Rousseau now. Crazy, but so tragic. I'm interested in Claire's story, plus it is really sucky that Charlie has to screw things up with her to live. Of course, he could just tell her everything...

ACT TWO: Locke is with the Others and Claire is Jack's half-sister. I've thought that for a while and now that Claire's mom is paid for by someone myserious, betting it's Mr. Shepard. But why is Claire so weird about her mom? And Patch Eye's death was crazy gross, but I was expecting his head to explode, so it could have been nastier. If Locke isn't evil, then he's just the Screech/Urkel of the show.

ACT THREE: Called it! Called it A YEAR AGO (episode where Ana Lucia died)! Ha! Now if only Claire was ever in a scene with Jack, maybe this would come up. And man, Sayid is on to Locke. Locke's gone from a great character to a nutjob and now a saboteur. I wonder if Terry O'Quinn likes playing this character still after the downward spiral he's been on?

ACT FOUR: So Claire doesn't know her dad's name. Oh well. Here's hoping Jack gets the hots for her, leading to the best romance since Luke and Leia. Desmond coming clean to Claire is a good thing, just hwo knows if she'll believe him and what it'll do to her and Charlie. Seriously, Lost, why isn't htat new girl or Rodrigo whatchamacallit in this episode? If they showed up more often and DID THINGS maybe we'd accept them as new characters. As it is, I still don't even know their names.

ACT FIVE: Ah! Geez, what's up with Jack?! I never thought I'd want a Jack episode, but what's happened to him in the last couple days?! The last act sealed it; I really like Claire and her hospital scene got to me. Ugh, so sad. And I'm glad that the truth has brought her and Charlie together, even if it seems like being with her is going to kill him.

So excited for next week. All Locke and he has lots of explaining to do.

MY SCORE: **** (out of 5)

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I thought this was the best episode we've had in quite a few weeks. Very interesting about Claire and Jack. I have had my suspicions as well. I've always hated Locke, and i love the downward spiral he's been on. I really hope he dies soon. I thought the reveal of Jack playing football at the end was HYSTERICAL!