1/22/07

Digsy has a blog!

To be honest, Digsy has had a blog for a couple of years over at his myspace page. But with Digsy's flock of new year's resolutions, which I refer to as 2007: Kill The Beast, comes a desire to further my stagnant writing habit. And Digsy is now done with third person, this being a truly odd third person narrative since Digsy is not really Brett's name. Or even a nickname that is used in public by anyone.

The 2007: Kill The Beast plan is comprised of many parts and, this being the first blog, I should give a rundown of each and every bit.

First, starting with the name. 2007 has sucked so far. I've suffered both a break in and a break up, gotten a ticket for occupying more than one seat on a mostly empty subway car, and am trying to find my footing in the 9 to 5 world (or 9:30 to 7 in my case). It's been quite a year, a beastly one. My resolutions will tame, maim, and kill this beast.

Thus, 2007: Kill The Beast.

The overall mission statement of 2007: Kill The Beast is to branch out and try new things. Music, movies, clothes, facial hair, all will be documented. The film aspect is the most interesting and it itself will be referred to as The 100 Film Initiative (I really like melodramatic names).

I've signed up with Netflix and they've been my accomplice as I plow through, hopefully, 100 movies this year in a desperate attempt to remedy the fact that I have not seen any movies.

So that's about it. I'll post interesting things I find during my day-to-day required blog reading (I love working in TV). I'll review the films of The 100 Film Initiative (coming tomorrow: "Dr. Strangelove..." and "The Big Lebowski). I'll review new albums as they come out (New Shins and Apples In Stereo in a day's time) and as I discover them (Jonathan Fire*Eater's "Wolf Songs for Lambs").

And most importantly, there'll be lots written about improv comedy and comic books. That's right.

Hold on. It's going to be average.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

love it. looking forward to it.